Massive anchovy school migrates off La Jolla Tuesday, July 8
A giant school of Northern Anchovy formed a dark band off La Jolla on July 8, off Scripps Pier.
Scripps scientists, who haven’t seen such an aggregation in more than 30 years, said it is unclear why the usually large school moved into shallow waters off the coast.
- Blue whales spotted off La Jolla
- Bird Rock Elementary looking for ways to replace farmers market income
- La Jolla Shores Market looking to be replaced
- Water crews repairing Bird Rock water main break, street collapse
- All Hallow’s students from La Jolla make it to Science Fair
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=127159