Tour Bus Hits Pedestrian in La Jolla
A tour bus struck a pedestrian, who suffered a severe leg injury, in La Jolla Saturday, June 7, San Diego police said.
The 37-year-old bus driver was eastbound on Avenida de la Playa and started making a left turn onto Camino del Sol about 4:50 p.m., Officer David Stafford said.
The bus hit a 47-year-old woman who had stepped into the street from the west side. She suffered a major leg injury and was taken to a hospital.
Stafford said it appears the accident was the fault of the pedestrian, who was walking with a companion. An investigation was continuing.
–Pauline Repart, U-T San Diego
- Three suspects sought in La Jolla carjacking
- Teen driver in Muirlands crash was attempting popular motorsports trick, police say
- Two injured by falling tree branch at UCSD
- Drug smuggling boat is third suspicious vessel to wash ashore in La Jolla in less than two weeks
- UPDATED: Teenager stabbed Saturday evening at La Jolla house party
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=125917