UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center gala benefits new Hospital for Cancer Care at Jacobs Medical Center in La Jolla
Gala co-chairs Francois Ferré, Magda Marquet and Amy and Bill Koman
• PHOTO GALLERY: Click on the NEXT> button above to see 17 photos from the 2014 UCSD Moores Cancer Center Gala.
The 33rd annual UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center Gala, “Spark!” took place April 26, 2014 at the Hyatt Regency La Jolla at Aventine to raise funds for the Hospital for Cancer Care at Jacobs Medical Center, opening in 2016. The evening featured a cocktail reception, dinner and performance by R&B singer Heather Headley, followed by dancing.
Proceeds will be matched, dollar for dollar, through the Challenge for Jacobs Medical Center. In addition, proceeds will be matched, dollar for dollar, by UCSD Chancellor Pradeep K. Khosla and UCSD Health System to support patient-care programs, clinical excellence and state-of-the-art research at Moores Cancer Center.
The new Hospital for Cancer Care, which will be situated on the same campus as Moores Cancer Center, will expand clinical care for patients with the addition of 108 inpatient beds. Joan and Irwin Jacobs — whose family made the original $75 million naming gift for Jacobs Medical Center — were the gala’s honorary chairs.
For information about the Hospital for Cancer Care, visit http://health.ucsd.edu/jacobs/hospitals/Pages/hospital-for-cancer.aspx
- Scientists, surfers join up to wipe out cancer at 20th annual Luau & Longboard Invitational in La Jolla
- La Jollans, San Diegans attend Starry Starry Night gala to benefit Voices for Children
- Miracle Babies’ Casino Royale raises funds for newborn critical care at La Jolla event
- Las Patronas awards grantee checks at annual Beneficiaries Luncheon in La Jolla
- Las Patronas welcomes new class, reveals 2013 Jewel Ball theme at La Jolla luncheon
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=124617