San Diego Art Prize winners feted at Athenaeum reception in La Jolla
Dave Ghilarducci, Bhavna Mehta and Mike Ruiz, in front of James Enos’ ‘Retrograde Amnesia.’ The next evening, Mehta won the Jurors’ Choice Award at SDAI’s SoCal/Baja Exhibition.
• PHOTO GALLERY: Click on the NEXT> button above to see 8 photos from the San Diego Art Prize reception at Athenaeum Music & Arts Library in La Jolla.
Crowds of artists and art-lovers gathered at the Athenaeum Music & Arts Library on April 4, 2014 for the opening of a show of works by the winners of the 2013 San Diego Art Prize: established artists James Hubbell and Debby and Larry Kline, as well as emerging artists Brennan Hubbell and James Enos.
Toward the end of the evening, San Diego Visual Arts Network’s Patricia Frischer (sponsors the annual Art Prize), announced the 2014 recipients: painter Marianela de la Hoz and photographer Philipp Scholz Rittermann. The two artists will choose emerging artists from a group of nominees whose work will be shown next month at Meyer Fine Art Gallery on Kettner Boulevard. The exhibit was scheduled to be on view through May 3 at the Athenaeum Music & Arts Library, 1008 Wall St. in La Jolla.
— Lonnie Burstein Hewitt
- San Diego Mayor Bob Filner helps celebrate 2012 Art Prize winners at La Jolla’s Athenaeum Music & Arts Library
- Choosy Athenaeum Music & Art Library’s A-Listers have fun finding art favorites in La Jolla
- The Klines make a fine, funny art of dining out at Athenaeum exhibit in La Jolla
- ‘Lifelike’ exhibit re-imagines reality at Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego in La Jolla
- Athenaeum soiree offers guests an evening in ‘Paris’
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=124567