La Jolla Sports Shorts
■ Player of the Year: Destiny Littleton of The Bishop’s School Knights was named state Freshman Player of the Year in girls basketball by CalHi Sports.
■ WNBA Bound: Inga Orekhova, a Bishop’s 2009 graduate from Ukraine, was drafted by the Atlanta Dream of the WNBA. The 6-foot-2-inch former CIF Player of the Year with the Lady Knights played college ball for the University of South Florida Bulls. She led Bishop’s to the Coastal League Championship and the CIF title her senior year before they lost in the Southern California Regionals. —Ed Piper
■ La Jolla Country Club to host MS Golf Invitational May 5: The National Multiple Sclerosis Society of San Diego will present its 20th annual MS Golf Invitational fund-raising tournament, 10 a.m. Monday, May 5 at La Jolla Country Club, 7302 High Ave. The tournament is sponsored by Torrey Pines Bank. Honorary event chair is the San Diego Regional Chamber of Commerce CEO Jerry Sanders.
The donation to play golf ($750 per player or $3,000 for a foursome) includes contests and prizes, lunch, beverages, a hosted reception and after-golf awards dinner Registration begins at 10 a.m., lunch begins at 11 a.m. and the shotgun start begins
at noon. Cost to attend the dinner only, which begins at 5 p.m., is $100 per person. For registration information, visit GolfMS.org or contact Krystal at (800) 486-6762.
- Lightning Strikes Twice: La Jollan hits two holes-in-one within three months
- La Jolla High comes from behind to beat Bishop’s in Western League opener
- Three times a charm: La Jolla golfer scores three holes-in-one
- VIDEO: Football Hall of Famer Mike Haynes stars at Breakfast with Champions fundraiser for UCSD prostate-cancer research in La Jolla
- Water Polo: La Jolla’s The Bishop’s School and Cathedral Catholic High earn berths in CIF boys’ final
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=124194