On The Menu Recipe: Green Dragon Tavern’s Maine Lobster Roll
“On The Menu” Recipe: Green Dragon Tavern’s Maine Lobster Roll
Green Dragon Tavern’s ‘The Patriot’ sandwich consists of a brioche bun stuffed with chunks of Maine lobster, tarragon aioli, beer-batter crunchies and a side of petit greens. (Photo by Kelley Carlson)
• 8 ounces Maine lobster meat (claw/knuckle/tail) out of shell
• 6 ounces unsalted butter
• 2 ounces fresh tarragon
• 1 each 6-8 inch brioche hot dog bun (regular hot dog bun works just as well)
• 3 ounces aioli (or mayo)
• 1/2 ounce Beer Batter Crunchies (optional)
• 4 each celery leaves (optional)
• 4 ounces side salad (optional)
Slowly melt butter down with half of tarragon. Slowly poach lobster meat in tarragon butter until just cooked.
Remove meat from butter; save butter. Use tarragon butter to brush inside and sides of bun.
Mix ailoi/mayo with remainder of fresh tarragon.
Toss chilled lobster with tarragon aioli/mayo.
Spread 1/2 ounce aioli on inside of bun.
Drop all of lobster meat coated in aioli/mayo inside bun.
Garnish with optional Beer Batter Crunchies, celery leaves and side salad to cleanse palate.
Recipe courtesy of Green Dragon Tavern & Museum, 6115 Paseo del Norte, Carlsbad. (760) 918-2421. greendragontavernca.com
• RELATED STORY: See the “On The Menu” story about Green Dragon Tavern at http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=123305
- On the Menu Recipe: Alfonso’s of La Jolla’s Carne Asada & Camaron Combo
- Girard Gourmet’s Eggplant Stuffed with Spinach and Cheese
- Donovan’s Pan Seared Halibut
- On the Menu Recipe: Burlap’s Asian Cowboy Shrimp and Grits
- Hexagone’s Moscovy Duck Breast and Leg Confit with Orange Sauce
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=123300
Posted by Staff
on Apr 15, 2014. Filed under Food
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0
You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.