La Jolla stays classy with its 10th annual Concours d’Elegance auto show at the Cove
A cloudy and cool Sunday afternoon didn’t stop car lovers from perusing some 150 cars and classic motorcycles.
• PHOTO GALLERY: Click on the NEXT> button above to see 12 photos from the 2014 La Jolla Concours d’Elegance car show.
The 10th annual La Jolla Concours d’Elegance April 11-13, 2014 was a huge hit with awestruck classic car fans as they inspected vehicles like Rolls-Royce, Aston Martin, Lamborghini, Ferrari, Bentley and Maserati — just to name a few — parked along Scripps Park and the La Jolla Cove for judging. Presented by the La Jolla Historical Society, the weekend included many festivities and drew hundreds of participants.
The key event, the La Jolla Concours d’Elegance auto show, included hundreds of vehicles (which must be 25 years old or older), plus some newer, luxury vehicles in the free Motor Car Classic, to be held on the streets of the Village. The show also featured vintage motorcycles and airplanes on display.
The weekend’s events included the La Jolla Concours Motor Tour with participants cruising 60-70 miles throughout San Diego County and a stop at the San Diego Automotive Museum in Balboa Park; Bentley VIP reception and silent auction, Motor Car Classic, and Rolls-Royce’s Contemporary Classic Cocktail Party.
• RELATED STORY: Read about how event organizers prepared for the 2014 La Jolla Concours d’Elegance: “Concours d’Elegance: at 10-year mark, La Jolla luxe auto show’s cachet on the rise” at http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=122581
- Concours d’Elegance drives home the glory of classic cars at La Jolla Cove auto show
- Concours d’Elegance: at 10-year mark, La Jolla luxe auto show’s cachet on the rise
- La Jolla Village Merchants approve budget and ‘Monopoly’ game plan
- La Jolla merchants group weighs fate of Haute Nights, return on events
- La Jolla auto show to rev folks’ engines with luxury rides, art, music and retro cocktails at Concours d’Elegance
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=123327