Village Garden Club of La Jolla presents ‘Expressions in Art and Flowers,’ April 16-17
The Village Garden Club of La Jolla invites the community to attend its 12th annual exhibition, Expressions in Art and Flowers, April 16-17 in the Hashinger Hall Auditorium at Torrey Pines Christian Church, 8320 La Jolla Scenic Drive North.
At the event, artists in the club will showcase their work in a variety of media — paintings, sculpture, fabrics, jewelry, photographs, pottery and needlework — interpreted by the club’s floral designers through their creative arrangements paired with each art piece. The presentations will rival those of San Diego Museum of Art’s annual Art Alive!, said club members.
The preview event — complete with live music, refreshments and no-host bar — will take place 4-7 p.m. Wednesday, April 16. A second opportunity to see the exhibit (with refreshments) will be 9-10 a.m., Thursday, April 17. This showing precedes the club’s meeting program from 10 a.m. to noon.
Admission for each event is $15. Net proceeds support the club’s nature-related projects, including schoolyard gardening grants, California reforestation, Torrey Pines Reserve native plant restoration, the Moores Cancer Center Healing Garden rejuvenation, bouquets of thanks for the Veterans Hospital, and the Jacaranda Tree Planting Program.
For more details, visit villagegardencluboflajolla
- La Jolla’s Best Bets for Events: April 26-May 5: Music, dance, photo/art exhibits, La Jolla Half Marathon, Cinco de Mayo party, historical walking tours and more
- UC San Diego’s IDEAS series combines performance art with new technologies in La Jolla
- San Diego’s unique ‘Palette to Palate’ event to combine art, music and food for La Jollans
- San Diego Mayor Bob Filner helps celebrate 2012 Art Prize winners at La Jolla’s Athenaeum Music & Arts Library
- [Exclusive VIDEO] Disney’s ‘Wreck-It Ralph’ and ‘The Simpsons’ Director Rich Moore draws crowds to Spike & Mike’s Festival of Animation in La Jolla
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=122959