Vote totals in from La Jolla Town Council trustee election
La Jolla Town Council President Cindy Greatrex reported to La Jolla Light that in the council’s yearly election of March 2014, there were eight candidates for five trustee cabinet openings.These eight candidates were: Cindy Greatrex, Karen Hickman, Cathy Jones, Maureen Murphy, Charles Schveker, Howard Singer, Jessica von Buelow and Peter Wulff.
■ Vote Counts: Cindy Greatrex: 153 votes, Peter Wulff: 127 votes, Charles Schevker: 88 votes, Maureen Murphy: 82 votes, Cathy Jones: 50 votes, Karen Hickman: 28 votes, Jessica von Buelow: 8 votes, Howard Singer: 6 votes.
The Town Council also noted with thanks and gratitude the six- year tenures of former trustees Jennifer van Galder and John Donaldson, who have served the maximum amount of terms in their capacity. At the March meeting, van Galder and Donaldson were honored with Certificates of Recognition from the California Legislature for their service.
A 2014-2015 officer election will be held at the Town Council’s regular meeting on April 10.
The officer slate is: President: Steven Haskins, 1st Vice President: Glenda Rothberg, 2nd Vice President: Yolanda de Riquer, Treasurer: Ron Jones and Secretary: Charles Hartford.
Greatrex remains onboard as Immediate Past President, having served the maximum of two terms.
- La Jolla Town Council to hold elections, discuss dance fundraiser financials
- La Jolla Town Council prepares for new board
- La Jolla Town Council elects trustees, divvies up dancing fundraiser profit
- It takes a Village: Merchants call on Town Council to join Cove stench fight
- La Jolla Town Council signs new lease; Trustee Pourteymour helps fund ‘Seasons Greetings’ sign
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=122378