La Jolla Crime Report
Residents thwart burglary in progress at their Bird Rock home
A home invasion and attempted burglary took place approximately 3:30 p.m. March 12, in the 5400 block of Bellevue Avenue in Bird Rock.
One of the residents came home from work that afternoon to find an intruder in the house, reportedly filling his suitcases with items to steal, although nothing was taken.
After the resident wrestled with the intruder, the burglar escaped to a white SUV parked in the alley next to the home, where a driver was waiting, and sped away. The suspect is described as a Caucasian male, approximately 6 feet 1 inch tall, with reddish “scraggly” hair. The resident recorded the license plate number and gave it to police, who are investigating. u
— Ashley Mackin
• Vehicle break-in/theft, 8500 block El Paseo Grande, 11 a.m.
• Assault with deadly weapon other than a firearm, 5300 block La Jolla Mesa Drive, 12:30 p.m.
• Cause great bodily harm, death of elder/dependent adult, 1100 block Agate Street, 2:25 p.m.
• Grand theft (unspecified), 1000 block Prospect Street, 5:37 p.m.
• Theft (unspecified), 300 block Coast Boulevard, 6:30 p.m.
• Battery with serious bodily injury, 8600 block Vila La Jolla Drive, 8:07 a.m.
• Grand theft (over $950), 5200 block La Jolla Hermosa Avenue, 1 p.m.
• Grand theft (over $950, 8800 block Villa La Jolla Drive, 4 p.m.
• Vandalism (over $400), 6800 block Draper Avenue, 7:30 p.m.
• Vandalism (over $400), 600 block Gravilla Street, 8:45 p.m.
• Vehicle break-in/theft, 7000 block Vista Del Mar Avenue, 12 p.m.
• Grand theft (over $950, 6000 block Greenhedge Row, 8:40 p.m.
• Vehicle break-in/theft, 2200 block Vallecitos, 3 p.m.
- Police meet with Bird Rockers to address crime spike
- ‘Bird Rock Bandit’ misses arraignment on domestic violence charge
- Suspect apprehended in failed robbery of La Jolla art gallery
- La Jolla Crime Report
- La Jolla crime report for Aug. 21-28
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=122440