Master floral designer inspires at Village Garden Club of La Jolla event
Maggie Coleman (wife of the late San Diego Padres’ announcer Jerry Coleman) and Susie Spanos. Members of the Village Garden Club of La Jolla hope to be able to plant a jacaranda grove near Jerry’s Miramar National Cemetery plot to honor the Marine veteran and baseball legend.
• PHOTO GALLERY: Click on the NEXT> button above to see 13 photos from the Village Garden Club of La Jolla event.
A sunny spring-like day greeted guests on March 6, 2014 to the Village Garden Club of La Jolla’s annual Meet the Master presentation at The Auditorium at TSRI.
Floral master Eddie Zaratsian — designer to the stars — took the stage for an inspiring lecture and demonstration of his world-class floral treatments. A reception followed in the courtyard, which was catered by The Wild Thyme Company.
Susie Spanos and Cynthia Bond co-chaired the sixth annual event. Corporate sponsors included Berkshire Hathaway Home Services, Island Architects and Sotheby’s International Realty. The VGCLJ was founded in 1974 and today has 425 members. Next on their program is the annual “Expressions in Art & Flowers” exhibition, April 16-17 in Hashinger Hall Auditorium at Torrey Pines Christian Church. More details at VillageGardenClubofLaJolla.com
- Baja Knights Auction and party supports students, faculty at The Bishop’s School in La Jolla
- San Diego Mayor Bob Filner helps celebrate 2012 Art Prize winners at La Jolla’s Athenaeum Music & Arts Library
- La Jolla Community Center guests spend ‘A Night with the Opera Singing Chef’
- San Diego Opera buffs gather at 2013 season opening gala
- La Jolla Cove Swim Club takes a Polar Bear Plunge into the New Year
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=122161