Student films sought for summer festival in Oceanside
San Diego students are invited to partake in the fourth annual Oceanside International Film Festival, Aug. 3-10.
Participants from kindergarten through college have an opportunity for their films to become Official Selections and shown on big screens during the festival.
Young filmmakers also have a shot at becoming winners of OIFF-2014 Jury’s Best Student Film Award in the K-to-Middle School or High School-College categories, and can contest for Audience Choice Awards in the same age groups.
The festival is accepting works of all genres including sports, live performance, fashion, and music videos. Deadline for submissions is June 16, 2014, however filmmakers will find it cost-advantageous to submit their films early, before March 17, 2014.
See film categories, festival schedule, info about the special March 17 Early Deadline, and details on the Student Deal (submit one film at a student rate, and get one submission for free) at ocaf.info
- Modern-day Mel Blanc to embrace the sick and twisted at Spike & Mike’s Sick and Twisted Festival of Animation in La Jolla
- [Exclusive VIDEO] Disney’s ‘Wreck-It Ralph’ and ‘The Simpsons’ Director Rich Moore draws crowds to Spike & Mike’s Festival of Animation in La Jolla
- Film lovers turn out for San Diego Film Festival salute to director Gus Van Sant in La Jolla
- It’s a wrap! Senior creates film festival for La Jolla High students
- Film to tell story of songwriting Sherman Brothers
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=121217