Nine La Jolla students sign letters of intent for collegiate sports
By Ashley Mackin
Four students from La Jolla High School, three from Torrey Pines High School and two from La Jolla Country Day School signed letters of intent Feb. 5, committing to play a certain sport for a National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) college for at least
one academic year.
■ From La Jolla High School: Duke Becker, George Washington University for water polo; Justin Cook, Southwest Baptist University for football; Ian Beed, Southwest Baptist University for football; Rachel Carroll, Utah State for soccer.
■ From Torrey Pines High School: Three students signed for girls soccer; Courtney Coate to the University of Pittsburgh, Macy Vrabel to Iowa State and Zoe Purcell to UC Santa Barbara.
■ From La Jolla Country Day School: Arielle Schechtman, UCLA for soccer; and Hadiyah Muhammad, Academy of Arts at San Francisco for track/cross country.
Once a student athlete signs a Letter of Intent, it is faxed to the college and no other college may recruit them. The ceremony was held at the Hall of Champions at Balboa Park. No students from The Bishop’s School or Preuss School reported participating in 2014 San
Diego Signing Day.
- La Jolla High girls’ sports season opens on a high note
- La Jolla High baseball to play first game at PETCO Park
- Football: La Jolla Country Day loses CIF quarterfinals to Horizon Panthers, 40-24
- La Jolla Country Day football marks homecoming by defeating The Bishop’s School, 51-34
- The Bishop’s School tennis player Kelly Shaffer of La Jolla is in top form for CIF Championships
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=121194