Christian Scientist to discuss technology, spirituality in La Jolla
Longtime Christian Scientist Mary Alice Rose, will present the free lecture, “Has technology made God and spirituality obsolete?” 2:30 p.m. Sunday, March 2 at the Sherwood Auditorium in the Museum of Contemporary Art, 700 Prospect St.
“I’ve seen public conversations going on over the years about the rise of technology and how all the problems of society will be answered when we have the technology,” she said. “At one time, when we didn’t have all this technology and all these answers — for manufacturing capability, treatment of disease or information — people felt they could turn to God. Now, there is no need to do that, and people fall away from faith.”
Rose said she hopes her talk will give participants a new way of thinking and possibly some answers they might ask themselves. “What I want to share with people is how I find that the Bible, as my sacred text, and my relationship with God is still very relevant to me,” Rose said, adding that she travels across the United States, and once or twice to England, to give this lecture.
- Toastmasters Today: La Jolla group speaks up for confident presentations
- La Jolla Community Calendar Aug. 29 – Sept. 5
- La Jolla’s Adelaide’s is bringing back the terrarium
- World scooter champ ‘Kota’ Schuetz visits with fans in La Jolla
- Historical Society kicks off lecture series with ‘The La Jolla Homefront During World War II’
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=121198