San Diego Jewish Film Festival fetes sponsors at special screening in La Jolla
Festival chair Saundra Saperstein with co-chair Devorah Gurantz
• PHOTO GALLERY: Click on the NEXT> button above to see all 8 photos from the Jewish Film Festival reception/screening.
Hundreds of San Diego Jewish Film Festival underwriters gathered at the San Diego Center for Jewish Culture’s Garfield Theater in La Jolla on Feb. 5, 2014 for a special screening of “Neil Diamond: A Solitary Man,” a BBC documentary. After the film, there was a brief talk and Q&A by Lee Holdbridge, an award-winning composer and arranger who worked with Diamond for many years.
Among the crowd were Cinema Society director Andy Friedenberg and his wife, Beth, and filmmaker/screenwriter Michael Carnick, who recently won the “Best Screenplay” award at the Malibu film fest for “Rolling Romance,” his dark comedy about online disabled dating. On Feb. 10, after SDJFF’s full day of short films, he took home the Joyce Award for “Best Local Filmmaker.”
The 2014 event was part of the 24th annual San Diego Jewish Film Festival, which presented 60-plus films from Feb. 6-16, and was organized by the San Diego Center for Jewish Culture. More information at sdjff.org
- Jewish Federation offers a tribute to longtime volunteer Terri Bignell of La Jolla
- The stars come out on opening night at the Jewish Film Festival
- San Diego Symphony gala 2013 hits a high note
- La Jolla Town Council SunSetter features Goodwill fashion show
- La Jolla teen receives leadership award
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=120968