Point Loma Nazarene University Writer’s Symposium to feature prominent pens, Feb. 20-27
Point Loma Nazarene University will present its 19th annual Writer’s Symposium By The Sea, Feb. 20-27, bringing in such literary luminaries as Jeannette Walls (“Glass Castle,” “Silver Star,” “Half-Broke Horses,” “Dish”); New York Times columnist Samuel Freedman (“Breaking the Line, “Upon This Rock,” “Small Victories”); Anne Lamott (“Bird By Bird,” “Stitches”), and in cooperation with UCSD, cancer researcher and writer Siddhartha Mukherjee, whose book “The Emperor of All Maladies,” won the Pulitzer Prize.
Symposium founder Dean Nelson will conduct the evening interviews, promising lively conversations about the stories behind the author’s stories. The audience gets to eavesdrop on these exchanges and interact with writers during the Q&A sessions that follow. Published writers providing tips and insight into the writing process will conduct the afternoon workshops.
For schedule and ticket information, visit pointloma.edu/writers
- Ya Gotta Have Heart! School event in La Jolla inspired by young open-heart surgery survivor
- Working Toward the Cure in La Jolla: Past, present and future of breast cancer under the microscope
- Boo to you! It’s time to scare up some Halloween fun at La Jolla events!
- Students reach out to San Diego families in need for “Operation Santa”
- La Jolla Community Calendar Oct. 17-24
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=120364