Chamber music fans take pleasure in Sunday Musicale at La Jolla’s Darlington House
• PHOTO GALLERY: Click on the NEXT> button above to see all 15 photos from the Social Service League’s Sunday Musicale reception at the Darlington House.
San Diego Symphony members Mary Barranger on piano and Eddie Stein on violin, were the featured performers at a Sunday Musicale on Jan. 26, 2014 presented at the Darlington House in La Jolla to benefit the Social Service League’s housing program for seniors.
Two musicales remain in the 2014 end-of-winter season:
• Feb. 16: Pianist Leo Marcus and soprano Renee Burkett will offer excerpts from operas and Broadway shows.
• March 9: the Torrey Pines Chamber Players will perform string sextets and rarely heard works by Brahms and Dvorak. Tickets: $40 at (858) 454-7625.
Darlington House is located at 7441 Olivetas Ave., La Jolla.
Darlington House is owned and operated by Social Service League of La Jolla, a non-profit public benefit corporation. The mission of its volunteers is to provide housing and meal support to seniors who have lived and worked in the San Diego area. The organization began assisting seniors during the Great Depression and incorporated in 1947.
The house was purchased by Social Service League of La Jolla in 1968 from the estate of Sybil Darlington. In addition to the beautiful home, the sale provided property to further expand The League House next door.
- La Jolla Rotary hosts ‘beach’ party for Social Service League House residents
- Laissez les bons temps rouler! It’s Cajun-style fun at Athenaeum gala in La Jolla
- Taste at the La Jolla Cove raises funds for young injured athletes
- Lucky 13 charms Jewel Ball patrons at Las Patronas gala in La Jolla
- Family fun abounds at 50th annual Kiwanis pancake breakfast in La Jolla
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=120452