UPDATE: Winter closure of La Jolla Children’s Pool headed back to Planning Commission Jan. 16
The San Diego Planning Commission will reconsider its Dec. 12 vote on the proposed winter closure of La Jolla Children’s Pool (aka Casa Beach) during its next meeting, 9 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 16. On Dec. 12 the Planning Commission voted 4-3 in support of a refined proposed complementing its 4-2 support for a closure of the beach during the harbor seals five-month pupping season (Dec. 15-May15).
The issue is being heard again at the request of Commissioner Michael Smiley, who said after the Dec. 12 meeting that his ‘yes’ vote was miscast.
The Planning Commission meets on the 12 floor of the City Administration Building (202 C Street), in San Diego City Council Chambers.
The proposed beach closure must still be approved by the San Diego City Council and California Coastal Commission.
- The Seal Deal: Part 1 of series explores the pinniped world at Children’s Pool in La Jolla
- Mayor shares details of recently installed ‘seal cam’ at La Jolla Children’s Pool
- Mayor extends length of pupping season rope at La Jolla Children’s Pool
- Commission cuts down year-round seal rope permit request for La Jolla Children’s Pool
- Coastal Commission approves permit for year-round seal rope
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=119132