Pasticcio — Bread casserole with vegetables and Parmesan sauce (from Monello’s brunch menu)
(Serves 4 people)
• 1 pound “day old” bread • ½ pound kale • ½ yellow onion • 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil • ¼ cup of heavy cream + 1 cup heavy cream • 4 ounces Parmesan cheese
Directions: Julienne the onion and dice the kale. Warm the EVOO in a nonstick large saute pan. Add onion and kale. Dice the bread. When the onion is clear, add the diced bread. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Slowly stir ingredients for 5 minutes until bread absorbs the liquid. Add ¼ cup heavy cream to saute pan. Keep mixing until all is absorbed. Remove from heat.
Pour ingredients into aluminum cupcake tray if you would like to make single portions or into a casserole pan for one large batch. Bake it in the oven for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
When it is almost done, mix 1 cup heavy cream with 4 ounces parmesan in a saute pan until cheese is melted. Add salt and pepper to taste. Make a bed of the cream and cheese mixture on each plate, and place each portion of finished product on top. Decorate with poppy seeds.
- Morada Restaurant’s Seared Ahi Tuna & Citrus
- Fat Sal’s Irresistible Italiano
- Indigo Grill’s Jalapeño Pappardelle
- On the Menu Recipe: Vigilluci’s Seared Scallop and Fennel Risotto
- On the Menu Recipe: Poseidon’s Halibut Tapenade
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=118289