Thanks, Santa! La Jolla Cove Suites hosts annual Christmas party for homeless children
Eduardo, 5, loves his present from Santa Claus at the 13th annual holiday party hosted by La Jolla Cove Suites for homeless children getting assistance from St. Vincent de Paul, Dec. 6, 2013.
• PHOTO GALLERY: Click on the NEXT> button above to see all 14 photos from the annual holiday party for homeless children, hosted by La Jolla Cove Suites.
By Ashley Mackin
Eduardo, 5, loves his present from Santa Claus and was absolutely beaming. He is one of more than 100 kids from the St. Vincent de Paul Village for homeless children in San Diego who attended the 13th annual holiday party on the rooftop of La Jolla Cove Suites.
La Jolla Cove Suites owner Krista Baroudi hosted the event Dec. 6, 2013 with help from the San Diego Harley Owner’s Group (HOGs), who donated toys, and “a generous donation from The Kiwanis Club of La Jolla that truly helps to make it the special night it is,” Baroudi said.
“The party gives these children, who are experiencing transition and difficulties in their personal lives, a special night that is all about them,” she added.
While waiting to greet Santa, the kids ate pizza and listened to DJ Brett Matson spin holiday tunes. When Santa arrived, he offered each child a gift and a few big hugs.
Children were also able to meet, play and hang out with the San Diego Padres’s mascot, The Friar.
Traveling by limousine from the St. Vincent de Paul’s facility for homeless children to the rooftop of La Jolla Cove Suites, the kids got an escort from the San Diego Harley Owners Group (HOGs), who also provided an extra toy for each child.
- Art patrons place their bets on culture at Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego gala in La Jolla
- Bowser! Wowser! Fur Ball is dog-friendly, black-tie affair to support San Diego Humane Society and SPCA
- Scientists, surfers join up to wipe out cancer at 20th annual Luau & Longboard Invitational in La Jolla
- Legendary rock band Styx performs at Rock the Cure benefit in La Jolla to support diabetes research
- Students from La Jolla’s four high schools shine in talent show to raise cash for scholarships
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=118129