Tray Reversal: La Jolla Meals on Wheels treats its volunteers to lunch
Peter Robrecht, ‘The Key Slayer,’ entertains guests.
• PHOTO GALLERY: Click on the NEXT> button above to see all 10 photos from the Meals On Wheels event.
Since 1974, volunteer members of the Greater La Jolla Meals on Wheels have been serving nutritious meals to isolated homebound seniors in La Jolla and University City. Every week, Monday through Friday, two-person teams from the nearly 200-strong army of caring and dedicated volunteers deliver mid-day cheer along with two delicious meals. Seventeen volunteers with La Jolla Meals on Wheels received recognition for their service of five to 30 years at a luncheon event Nov. 14, 2013 at All Hallows Catholic Church. The president of La Jolla Meals on Wheels, Ron Jones, emceed the event. For information about Greater La Jolla Meals on Wheels, visit lajollamealsonwheels.org
- Las Patronas welcomes new class, reveals 2013 Jewel Ball theme at La Jolla luncheon
- Jewish Federation of San Diego thanks supporters with reception, evening of art in La Jolla
- La Jollans gather to honor Deena Tajran, named ‘Woman of the Year’ by National Association of Professional Women
- Stars twinkled brightly at Charity Ball’s ‘When You Wish Upon A Star’ benefit for Rady Children’s Hospital
- Premium wines gathered for upcoming Bishop’s School auction, gala in La Jolla
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=117649