Ramin Pourteymour: Community service in La Jolla is a big part of my life
Ramin Pourteymour has 25 years of experience in aviation. He has traveled extensively throughout the world and has lived in Iran, France, Germany, Hong Kong and the United States. In 1990, he became the youngest pilot to fly for United Airlines and has flown many dignitaries, including a former President of the United States.
Pourteymour is a La Jolla Town Council trustee. He is also very involved in the philanthropic community. He opens up his La Jolla home to many charitable events. At this year’s Heels2Heal gala, a benefit for Miracle Babies, he touched everyone with his gift to a Miracle Baby mom, donating to her, his winning auction item (a trip to Fiji) along with $10,000 to support her son’s medical costs.
What brought you to La Jolla?
My parents moved to this beautiful place when I was a teenager.
What might you add, subtract or improve in the area?
1) Get rid of the foul marine smell in La Jolla that could severely effect health and businesses in town and hence the tourist income to La Jolla, as well as real estate prices. People don’t want to open the window in the morning and smell the bad air.
2) Fix the roads.
3) Help the people in the street with signs begging for money to find a job or a home.
Who or what inspires you?
My mother and father, whom I love most in life, but in general, people who want the best for humanity.
If you hosted a dinner party for eight, whom (living or deceased) would you invite?
My father, mother, brother and his wife, my sister and her husband, myself and my future wife (and if there is room, my little adopted dogs, Chacha and Mini, who are also my family and who I adopted from the Helen Woodward Animal Center.
What are your five favorite movies of all time?
“Airplane,” “The Notebook,” “Grease,” “The Party” (with Peter Sellers),
What is it that you most dislike?
That would be selfishness.
What is your most-prized possession?
My health, and the loved ones in my life.
What do you do for fun?
What is your motto or philosophy of life?
The world is evolving as it should.
What would be your dream vacation?
I have been to many places in the world. My dream vacation is to go someplace peaceful and have a simple casual time with the person I love the most in life.
- Ruth Yansick enjoys living and giving in her beloved La Jolla
- Mixing art and politics Debbie Dorsee uniquely serves her La Jolla community
- Doreen Schonbrun shares a love of art with children in need
- Sharlene Thompson works to preserve La Jolla’s architectural gems
- Glenn Vanstrum of La Jolla mixes his love of medicine, music and surfing with love of family, friends
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=117734