Public asked for help identifying suspects in rash of thefts at La Jolla condo complex
Thieves have stolen several bicycles and broken into cars and storage units during a rash of burglaries occurring over the past year at the Montefaro condominium complex at the upper end of Girard Avenue, a resident there reported to La Jolla Light.
Bike racks in the garage of the gated complex that were once full are now empty, said the resident, whose gray Yeti mountain bike was stolen from the garage just before 4 a.m. Monday morning, Nov. 18, along with several others. Her husband’s red and sliver Specialized brand mountain bike was stolen from the garage about a month before that, she said.
A security camera at the complex caught two suspects accessing the garage via the front drive of the complex. The thieves don’t appear to have broken in during any of the thefts, leading police to believe the suspects may have obtained the gate code.
Anyone with information about the thefts is asked to contact San Diego Police Detective Scott Gosnell at (858) 552-1715. –Pat Sherman
- La Jolla insurance brokers face federal mail and wire fraud charges
- Border Patrol agents detain two in connection with abandoned boat found at Black’s Beach in La Jolla
- Arrest made in 2012 La Jolla home invasion
- Attempted kidnapping reported in La Jolla near UCSD
- La Jolla crime report for Aug. 7-14
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=117508