St. Germaine Children’s Charity members plan 30th Silver Tea in La Jolla
• PHOTO GALLERY: Click on the NEXT> button above to see all 16 photos from the St. Germaine Children’s Charity event.
St. Germaine Children’s Charity, a private, nonprofit dedicated to ending the destructive cycle of child abuse, hosted its members and friends for Coffee and Conversation, Oct. 29, 2013 at the La Jolla home of Lisa Betyar and her husband, Karl Walter, owner of Old Venice Restaurant in Point Loma.
The couple catered the event and welcomed speakers Annie Petersen, CEO of Association for Human-Animal Bond Studies; and Carol Davis of Paws’itive Teams and her therapy dog, Kiwi.
The women shared tales of the support their organizations provide to at-risk youth through animals. In June, St. Germaine awarded the Association for Human-Animal Bond Studies its first grant.
St. Germaine’s is preparing for its 30th annual Silver Tea, “Pearls of Hope,” 1-4 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 10 at the La Jolla home of Claire Reiss. Tickets to the tea fundraiser are $85 via Aimee Lansky at (858) 551-3233 or stgermainechildrenscharity.org/events
- La Jolla Community Center guests spend ‘A Night with the Opera Singing Chef’
- San Diego Opera buffs gather at 2013 season opening gala
- Las Patronas awards grantee checks at annual Beneficiaries Luncheon in La Jolla
- St. Germaine Silver Tea in La Jolla raises funds to aid child protection services
- Las Patronas welcomes new class, reveals 2013 Jewel Ball theme at La Jolla luncheon
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=117239