La Jolla’s All Hallows Academy students make Veterans Day pilgrimage to Mt. Soledad
More than 200 students and staff from All Hallows Academy in La Jolla walked to the Mount Soledad Cross on Veterans Day, Nov. 11, 2013. While at the memorial, students learned about the more than 3,000 plaques honoring veterans, living and deceased, from the Revolutionary War to the current conflicts in the Middle East.
“There is no better way to honor the veterans who served our country than to take a mini-pilgrimage as a whole school to the Mount Soledad Veterans Memorial,” said All Hallows Academy Principal Jill Platt. “We want our students to honor the sacrifices made by so many to preserve the freedoms we enjoy as Americans.”
All Hallows is a Catholic parish serving families in the greater La Jolla area since 1964.
— Maryann Castronovo
- Veterans at Vi La Jolla Village honored by tribute
- World scooter champ ‘Kota’ Schuetz visits with fans in La Jolla
- Baja Knights Auction and party supports students, faculty at The Bishop’s School in La Jolla
- All Hallows marches to veterans’ memorial
- Summer internships hold life lessons for students
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=117234