Gala nets $2.1 million for Sanford-Burnham Medical Research Institute in La Jolla
Robin Nordhoff, Hank Nordhoff, Heather Kowalski, Craig Venter, Susan Evans, Bill Evans, former California Governor Pete Wilson, Gayle Wilson, Philip Graham and Kem Graham
• PHOTO GALLERY: Click on the NEXT> button above to see all 11 photos from the Sanford-Burnham gala.
Sanford-Burnham Medical Research Institute in La Jolla hosted its annual gala, “On the Track to Discovery,” on Nov. 2, 2013 at the Del Mar Country Club. The event’s honorary co-chairs were Roberta Burnham, Pauline Foster and Madeleine Pickens. The gala featured the merriment and inspirational spirit of the Triple Crown of Thoroughbred Racing and celebrated the lives of two Institute luminaries, Board leader Duane Roth and co-founder Lillian Fishman. The lead sponsor was Life Technologies, Inc., and with support from gala patrons, $2.1 million was raised for biomedical research.
- Bowser! Wowser! Fur Ball is dog-friendly, black-tie affair to support San Diego Humane Society and SPCA
- Scientists, surfers join up to wipe out cancer at 20th annual Luau & Longboard Invitational in La Jolla
- Legendary rock band Styx performs at Rock the Cure benefit in La Jolla to support diabetes research
- Premium wines gathered for upcoming Bishop’s School auction, gala in La Jolla
- Gala guests reveal that Bugsy sent ‘em
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=116768