Police looking for attempted rapist near UC San Diego campus, The Villas apartments
FROM 7San DIEGO NBC News
San Diego police are looking for an attempted rapist near the UCSD campus, according to officials. The incident happened around 7:15 p.m. Monday at The Villas apartment complex in the 5200-block of Fiore Terrace.
According to police, a 23-year-old exchange student was in the underground parking deck when a man approached her with a gun. Police say he pushed her against the car and reached up her shirt.
When another resident came down the elevator, the man ran off.
“She was obviously upset, shaken up,” said Lt. Mark Bennett with SDPD.
Police are now looking for the suspect. He is described as in his early 20s with a thin build.
Because English is a second language for the victim, officers brought in someone who could help her communicate a more accurate description.
- La Jolla Historical Society seeks information on Balmer School
- The Principal’s Office: Meet Christine Hargrave. Muirlands Middle School chief strives to meet the needs of all [VIDEO]
- La Jolla Cluster Association moves ahead on partnership agreement with district , parents and teachers asked to provide feedback via survey
- Bird Rock council grapples with city permitting process, seeks volunteers for ‘Birdstock’ event
- Community-funded projects at La Jolla Shores progressing as planned
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=116251