50 San Diego Residents take the Plunge for Brain Cancer
Survivors & VIPs rappel 365 ft. down San Diego’s tallest building for brain cancer research
Over the Edge for Brain Cancer is a two-day event in which participants or “edgers” commit to a fundraising minimum in exchange for the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to rappel down the tallest building on the San Diego skyline, the Manchester Grand Hyatt, 1 Market Place. Spectators and supporters are invited to gather on the pool deck of the hotel to cheer on their favorite “edger” while enjoying high energy entertainment.
All proceeds from the event will benefit Accelerate Brain Cancer Cure (ABC2) and fund San Diego-based brain cancer research. Over the Edge partners include The Beer For Brains Foundation, Manchester Grand Hyatt, Over The Edge and The Tug McGraw Foundation.
A VIP event, featuring American Idol season seven winner David Cook, will be 3 – 6 p.m. Nov. 2, and feature VIP and celebrity rappellers.
The main event, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. features 50 rappelling edgers, including three brain cancer survivors. Spectators may attend the event for free to cheer on the edgers. A dedication rappel will be held in honor of pediatric brain cancer patient, Jose Montano.
More information at abc2.org
- County to offer free depression screenings
- Paddleboarding added to La Jolla’s Survivor Beach event in June
- VIDEO: Football Hall of Famer Mike Haynes stars at Breakfast with Champions fundraiser for UCSD prostate-cancer research in La Jolla
- 21 cases of whooping cough reported last week in county
- Risk of oil spills exist in San Diego, experts say at forum
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=116065