‘Stuff the Bus’ Food Drive coming Oct. 26
The Metropolitan Transit System (MTS), North County Transit District (NCTD), area Albertsons stores, Girl Scouts San Diego, and the Armed Services YMCA are teaming up with the Jacob & Cushman San Diego Food Bank to host a food drive Oct. 26, 9 a.m. – 2 p.m., to ensure that families in need have food on their tables this holiday season.
Albertsons, located at 730 Turquoise St. in Pacific Beach, will participate in the “Stuff the Bus” Holiday Food Drive, a one-day effort to collect non-perishable, nutritious food items that will go to families in need.
In fiscal year 2012, the Jacobs & Cushman San Diego Food Bank distributed nearly 20 million pounds of food, the equivalent of 16.6 million meals. On average, the Food Bank feeds 320,000 people every month.
- It’s all about crime and safety at next community center forum
- La Jolla oral surgeon will travel to India as conference keynoter
- [Exclusive VIDEO] Disney’s ‘Wreck-It Ralph’ and ‘The Simpsons’ Director Rich Moore draws crowds to Spike & Mike’s Festival of Animation in La Jolla
- Brewers gather in La Jolla to close San Diego Beer Week
- Royal wedding florist will address Village Garden Club
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=115847