Students craft mask at Little Italy festivalLa Jolla High School juniors Stephanie Foster and Kaitlin Wheeler completed an 8-by-8-foot Italian mask made of chalk for the 2013 Gesso Italiano, Oct. 12-13, in Little Italy. Working for more than eight hours, the duo chalked on the pavement next to 50 other chalk artists — all creating beautiful Italian-themed masterpieces on Date Street. Kylee Hum and Madeline Gates, members of the Splatter Art Club (SAC) at La Jolla High, assisted. SAC focuses on improving students’ artistic skills by having them take part in community service projects.
- Sculptor offers kids a wall for art in front of his home in La Jolla
- Series puts van Gogh and Cezanne in the spotlight
- San Diego Mayor Bob Filner helps celebrate 2012 Art Prize winners at La Jolla’s Athenaeum Music & Arts Library
- Someplace Special: New County Operations Center is a showplace for public art
- High-energy art ‘zar stages grand opening in La Jolla
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=115454