Morada Restaurant’s Seared Ahi Tuna & Citrus
1 pound ahi tuna
1 pink grapefruit
1 cara cara orange
1 Taro root
- Peel the taro root and slice on a mandolin as thin as possible, heat 4 cups of peanut oil to 350 degrees using a candy thermometer . Gently place each slice of taro root into the oil and fry until it begins to brown, remove and place on a paper towel.
- Cut the ahi tuna into 3 inch rectangles and season with salt and black pepper, heat a sauté pan on high ad cooking oil. Once the cooking oil is smoking gently place the tuna in the pan and sear each side for 10-20 seconds. Remove from pan let cool then slice into thin slices.
- Peel and segment the grapefruit and orange.
- Dice the avocado into ½ inch cubes
- Mix the avocado and citrus together in a bowl with olive oil and place about 2 tablespoons on a small plate or bowl, place 2-3 slices of tuna on top then 2-3 taro root chips. Garnish with cilantro leaves and fleur de sel
- The Melting Pot’s Traditional Cheese Fondue
- Caroline’s Awesome Pancake Recipe
- Museum Cafe’s Mexican Shrimp & Grilled Papaya Salad
- Jimmy O’s Award-Winning Chili
- On The Menu Recipe: Osteria Romantica’s Espresso Martini
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=115384