La Jolla Art & Wine Festival draws 50,000 visitors to the Village
MaryAnn and Michael Pecce, Graham Nadal and Linda Caldwell enjoy the nice weather in the wine garden.
• PHOTO GALLERY: Click on the NEXT> button above to see all 12 photos from the La Jolla Art & Wine Festival.
Though at times cloudy skies threatened to put a damper on this year’s La Jolla Art & Wine Festival, Oct. 12-13, 2013, the sun and warm weather prevailed as visitors strolled up and down Girard Avenue viewing works from an eclectic array of artists, also enjoying fine wine, craft beer, live music, gourmet food, roving circus performers and more. The annual event is a fundraiser for La Jolla public schools.
An estimated 50,000 people attended the fifth annual La Jolla Art & Wine Festival, according to festival founder Sherry Ahern, that’s compared to about 30,000 last year.
Ahern said the response was so positive that organizers are expanding the festival to add an additional block of Girard Avenue, bringing it all the way to Torrey Pines Road.
The event, with the assistance of some 500 volunteers, raises money for La Jolla’s public elementary schools and middle school. Last year’s festival netted $220,000 for the four schools.
“The entertainment was fabulous, the weather was great and it was very well received,” Ahern said. “It’s the smoothest festival we’ve ever put on. I want to thank La Jolla and all of San Diego County for their support. … I know we did well for the schools.”
— Pat Sherman
- [Exclusive VIDEO] Disney’s ‘Wreck-It Ralph’ and ‘The Simpsons’ Director Rich Moore draws crowds to Spike & Mike’s Festival of Animation in La Jolla
- Choosy Athenaeum Music & Art Library’s A-Listers have fun finding art favorites in La Jolla
- ‘Sabores (Flavors) de las Américas: Tijuana, Baja & Beyond’ draws crowd to Institute of the Americas in La Jolla
- Art lovers flock to annual La Jolla Festival of the Arts
- San Diego Mayor Bob Filner helps celebrate 2012 Art Prize winners at La Jolla’s Athenaeum Music & Arts Library
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=115409