It’s about the power of words at UCSD ‘Dinner in the Library’ fundraiser in La Jolla
• PHOTO GALLERY: Click on the NEXT> button above to see all 12 photos from the UCSD Dinner in the Library event.
UC San Diego’s 10th annual “Dinner in the Library” was held Sept. 12, 2013 in the Geisel Library building. The evening’s festivities included a presentation by author, poet and critic Jay Parini on “Books That Changed America.” The Geisel Citation for Library Philanthropy was presented to John A. Berol, who as founding member of the University Librarian’s Advisory Board, provided consistent philanthropic support to the libraries, including the establishment of the June Waterous Berol Reading Lounge in the Biomedical Library building. Event proceeds will support UCSD libraries’ most pressing needs, including collections, resources and services.
- Afternoon tea helps support La Jolla Community Center
- San Diego Center for Children marks its 126th year at dinner gala
- San Diego Opera buffs gather at 2013 season opening gala
- Las Patronas awards grantee checks at annual Beneficiaries Luncheon in La Jolla
- Las Patronas welcomes new class, reveals 2013 Jewel Ball theme at La Jolla luncheon
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=115451