Shark Bait Classic back with new name, same fun
The La Jolla Swim-Run Classic, a one-mile swim from La Jolla Cove to La Jolla Shores followed by a six-mile run back, is back for theseventh year, 9:30 a.m. Oct. 12. Registration will be open the day of the event.
Proceeds from the event, formerly known as The La Jolla Shark Bait Classic, go to the San Diego Mustangs Youth Rugby Club to sponsor children that would not otherwise be able to participate. As is tradition, Master of Ceremonies Jack Farnan will present first and last place trophies.
Organizers request a $20 donation to participate and say this event is an opportunity to scratch one off the bucket list. Registration and more information at ljsbc.com
- La Jolla Shores hosts Summer Sports Clinic for injured veterans
- Biggest tomato plant in La Jolla?
- Concours d’Elegance drives home the glory of classic cars at La Jolla Cove auto show
- La Jolla Cove Swim Club takes a Polar Bear Plunge into the New Year
- Polar Bear Plunge set for 10 a.m. Jan. 1 at La Jolla’s Kellogg Park in the Shores
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=114918