Trinitas’ Chicken Pot Pie
• 1 large (or 2-3 small) celery root
• 1 large carrot
• 7-8 quartered pearl onions
• 1/4 cup peas
• 3 to 4 oz. skinless chicken breasts
• 3 cups chicken stock
• Roux (flour and butter)
• 4 sprigs thyme
• 1 small sprig of rosemary
• Pinch of parsley
• Puff pastry (purchased from a grocery’s freezer section)
Place 1/4 pound flour and equal parts of butter in a large pot. Melt the butter and slowly whisk in the flour. Cook until it’s golden and the consistency has thickened. Add chicken stock and whip thoroughly.
Once all the chicken stock has been incorporated, add chicken, celery root, carrot and onions. Let it simmer until it’s thick like gravy and sticks to the spoon, about 15 minutes; stir every couple of minutes to avoid burning. Once it’s the desired consistency, add peas. Then add a mixture of thyme, rosemary and parsley.
Coat the puff pastry with egg wash, a mixture of one egg plus a splash of water.
Place the chicken filling into ramekins and cover with the puff pastry. Bake at 325 degrees F in a convection oven for 9 minutes, or until the pastry becomes puffy and golden brown.
- bBar’s Beaming Acai Bowl
- Amaya’s Spicy Chili-Lime Shrimp
- Prepkitchen’s Meyer Lemon Cheesecake
- Caffe Bella Italia’s Zuppa di Barbabietola e Zenzero con Ricotta Acida
- The Broken Yolk’s The Mom Omelet Vegetarian
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=114300