Laissez les bons temps rouler! It’s Cajun-style fun at Athenaeum gala in La Jolla
Guests dance in the Athenaeum library foyer after dinner.
• PHOTO GALLERY: Click on the NEXT> button above to see all 24 photos from the Athenaeum Music & Arts Library gala.
Laissez les bons temps rouler! (Let the good times roll!) The saints came marchin’ in at the Athenaeum Music & Arts Library’s 24th annual gala Sept. 6, 2013 which featured a salute to “New Orleans and All That Jazz.” Guests in their Mardi Gras marvels were treated to cocktails and appetizers, a Creole-inspired dinner catered by the La Jolla Hyatt Regency, and a high-energy afterparty with dancing and entertainment from jazz bands and zydeco performers. Proceeds from the gala support the Athenaeum’s arts and music mission. The design committee spent two weeks bringing the Bayou to the library’s rooms and table settings. Ann Craig chaired the event with co-chairs Ginny Black and Alice Brana, assisted by a committee of 36.
- San Diego Mayor Bob Filner helps celebrate 2012 Art Prize winners at La Jolla’s Athenaeum Music & Arts Library
- Choosy Athenaeum Music & Art Library’s A-Listers have fun finding art favorites in La Jolla
- Bowser! Wowser! Fur Ball is dog-friendly, black-tie affair to support San Diego Humane Society and SPCA
- Scientists, surfers join up to wipe out cancer at 20th annual Luau & Longboard Invitational in La Jolla
- Legendary rock band Styx performs at Rock the Cure benefit in La Jolla to support diabetes research
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=113717