SunSetter to feature La Jollans modeling clothes from Goodwill store
By Ashley Mackin
The La Jolla Town Council SunSetter on Thursday, Sept. 19 will double as a fall fashion show with local celebrities modeling clothes on loan from the new Goodwill resale shop on Girard Avenue. Attendees can purchase the clothes and accessories after the show.
“We’re always trying to look for interesting things to do to motivate people to come out to our SunSetters,” said council vice president Steve Haskins. “I thought this would be a great way to promote Goodwill and let people see what they do, but also have a good time with local people and maybe bring out some who don’t normally come to the SunSetter to learn more about the town council.”
The council partnered with Goodwill to recruit models from the community. Sally Fuller and Kay Rose of the La Jolla Woman’s Club; Ann Kerr-Bache and Emiliano DeRiquer of the La Jolla Town Council; residents Lindly Garner, Amanda Dolly, Arcy Cuevas and Nicole Healy and others will present the fashions.
Fuller said she is excited about the opportunity. “I haven’t been in (Goodwill) yet, but I hear they have designer clothes,” she said. Goodwill opened at 7631 Girard Ave. on June 27.
The SunSetter will start at 5 p.m. Sept. 19 at the Woman’s Club, 7791 Draper Ave. Tickets are $15 and may be purchased at the door. They include the fashion show, hors d’oeuvres and a no-host bar. For more details, call (858) 454-1444.
- La Jolla Open Aire Market marks 14th year with Harvest Festival on Sunday, Oct. 28
- La Jolla auto show to rev folks’ engines with luxury rides, art, music and retro cocktails at Concours d’Elegance
- [Exclusive VIDEO] Disney’s ‘Wreck-It Ralph’ and ‘The Simpsons’ Director Rich Moore draws crowds to Spike & Mike’s Festival of Animation in La Jolla
- Brewers gather in La Jolla to close San Diego Beer Week
- Infant health fair and baby clothing swap planned for Saturday, Feb. 25
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=113204