‘Mod’ art in the spotlight at association’s exhibition
“Beat Poet” and performance artist Chris Vannoy will present works that weave social causes and fantasies into poetic form, as part of a new exhibition titled, “It’s a Mod, Mod World,” now through Sept. 22 at the La Jolla Art Association.
The show will include modern works by other local artists, featuring acrylic, oil, photography and wearable art, which will also be for sale with a percentage going to the art association, a nonprofit in town since 1918.
In 2007, Vannoy won first place in the San Diego Book Awards for his compilation, “Twenty Poems Against Love and a Song for the Air.” He also won second place at the San Diego Book Awards in 1995 for “Soft Fists of the Rain.” Currently, he hosts open readings at “The Poet’s Tree” in the Gaslamp Quarter.
A public wine and hors d’oeuvres reception with the artists will be held 5-7 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 15 at the art association’s gallery, 8100 Paseo del Ocaso in La Jolla Shores. The gallery is open 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday- Sunday. (858) 459-1196.
- Local painters have fun with steamy show at La Jolla Art Association
- Don’t miss a grand collection of paintings honoring the master, Sebastian Capella, at the La Jolla Art Association gallery through Dec. 2
- La Jolla’s art femme fatales style seductive show
- Family tree yields three artists for group show
- Art reception hails new show
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=113295