Taste at the La Jolla Cove raises funds for young injured athletes
Kim and David Chao, M.D., founder and president of San Diego Sports Medicine Foundation
• PHOTO GALLERY: Click on the NEXT> button above to see all 14 photos from Taste at the Cove.
San Diego Sports Medicine Foundation’s signature fundraiser, Taste at the Cove, took place Sept. 5, 2013 to honor heavy hitters in the sports and medical fields. The 12th annual event at Scripps Park at La Jolla Cove featured food from 30 of San Diego’s best restaurants, hosted bars, a swimwear fashion show by Sauvage, opportunity drawings, and silent and live auctions. The event benefits SDSMF’s mission to provide a medical safety net for injured youth with limited financial means in order to return them back to health, sports and life.
This year’s community legend honoree was former San Diego Padres right-fielder and Mr. Padre himself, Tony Gwynn. The 2013 Medical Honoree for SDSMF was Dr. Lee Rice, CEO and medical director of Lifewellness Institute.
- La Jolla Community Center guests spend ‘A Night with the Opera Singing Chef’
- Symphony at Salk musical gala raises funds for Salk Institute for Biological Studies in La Jolla
- Family fun abounds at 50th annual Kiwanis pancake breakfast in La Jolla
- San Diego Opera buffs gather at 2013 season opening gala
- Premium wines gathered for upcoming Bishop’s School auction, gala in La Jolla
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=113395