Iberico’s Tortilla Espanola
(Spanish potato and chorizo egg torte)
• 900 g Yukon gold potatoes
• 9 eggs
• 300 g yellow onion
• 4 Tablespoons olive oil
• Optional 10 g of chorizo or serrano
Directions: Wash, peel and cut the potatoes into small cubes and salt them. Peel onions and cut them into strips.
Heat olive oil in a deep pan until hot; then add potatoes and onions. Cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are soft and lightly browned. Remove and drain.
In a medium bowl, beat the eggs until blended. Add potatoes and onions, salt, and chorizo or serrano if desired.
Heat 2 Tablespoons of olive oil in a deep, nonstick skillet; when hot, move the pan so that the bottom is well-oiled. Add the mixture of eggs, potatoes and onions, and stir well.
Lower the heat and move the pan in a circular motion so that it doesn’t stick. Let cook until you see that the mixture begins to boil.
Place a flat plate or lid over the pan and turn the pan over the plate. Slide the tortilla back into the pan, uncooked side down.
Move pan in a circular motion and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, depending on taste.
- On the Menu Recipe: Brunch Paella (Using leftover paella from Cafe Sevilla)
- On the Menu: The Public House’s Kobe Wagyu Burger
- On the Menu Recipe: A.R. Valentien’s Guerrero Negro Scallops with Creamed Corn, Fried Green Tomatoes, Padron Peppers, Espellete
- On the Menu Recipe: La Jolla Strip Club’s White Truffle Mac and Cheese
- Bertrand at Mister A’s: European White Asparagus Soup
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=113420