Church to host art exhibit, saleJohn August Swanson (whose art is in the permanent collections of the Vatican, The Smithsonian and The Tate, among others) will hold a show and sale, 1-9 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 14 and 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday Sept. 15 in the St. James by-the-Sea Episcopal Church’s Parish Library and Courtyard, 743 Prospect St. Admission is free.
There will also be an artist reception with wine and hors d’oeuvres, 5:30-8:30 p.m. Friday, Sept. 13 at the church. Tickets are $20 prepaid, (858) 459-3421 or $25 at the door.
A portion of the proceeds from the sale of art, cards and posters will be given to Casa Cornelia, a non-profit legal agency that helps people with immigration problems, and to start the St. James Visual Arts Fund.
- La Jolla’s Best Bets for Events: April 26-May 5: Music, dance, photo/art exhibits, La Jolla Half Marathon, Cinco de Mayo party, historical walking tours and more
- Palette to Palate event boasts art, music, food and fun
- [Exclusive VIDEO] Disney’s ‘Wreck-It Ralph’ and ‘The Simpsons’ Director Rich Moore draws crowds to Spike & Mike’s Festival of Animation in La Jolla
- Someplace Special: New County Operations Center is a showplace for public art
- La Jolla Community Calendar Dec. 13 – Dec. 20, 2012
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=113220