Old eyeglass collection on Sept. 6, sponsored by post office, Lions Club
Postal Service letter carriers in San Diego County will team up with Lions Clubs International for the 11th annual Recycle for Sight eyeglass collection, Friday, Sept. 6. By leaving your old, unneeded eyeglasses, sunglasses, readers or children’s glasses in a plastic bag at your mailbox, you’ll help patients around the world, who desperately need corrective or protective lenses to experience clear vision for the first time. Lions Club volunteers will sterilize, calibrate and distribute your donation. If you receive no mail on Friday, your donation will be picked up the next time your carrier has mail to deliver. (858) 546-2875.
- Cold storm heading for San Diego County
- Lawmaker proposes bills to better protect kids
- USD professor: Building Egypt democracy will be difficult
- SeaWorld roller coaster goes to Coastal Commission Friday
- City set to start fluoridation on Tuesday
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=112893