La Jolla artist Marion Mettler wins watercolor award
Marion Mettler of La Jolla took second place at the San Diego Watercolor Society’s August show, “Turn Up the Heat,” for her painting, “Multiple Exposure No. 4.” The work was selected by juror Vi Gassman because of its mixed media, creative approach and sophisticated, elegant treatment.
Mettler is a Signature Member of the San Diego Watercolor Society. More of her work may been seen at zhibit.org/marionmettlerart
The show will continue through Aug. 31 at the San Diego Watercolor Society’s gallery in Point Loma’s Liberty Station at 2825 Dewey Road. The gallery is open 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday-Sunday. Admission is free.
The non-profit San Diego Watercolor Society presents a new juried exhibition each month with an evening opening reception on first Fridays. Works on paper using watercolor, acrylic, gouache, casein and tempera as well as mixed media are accepted. Find more information at sdws.org
- Share a little Village spirit with gifts that say La Jolla!
- Las Patronas welcomes new class, reveals 2013 Jewel Ball theme at La Jolla luncheon
- Feminist Gloria Steinem tells San Diego audience: We’ve come a huge distance, but we still have a long way to go
- During UCSD visit April 18, Dalai Lama says science and religion not incompatible in curbing global warming
- La Jolla Historical Society hosts its first student photo contest
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=112858