Kudos due to ‘Reach Out for Life’ students
In June, a small group of La Jolla High School students, AKA the Reach out for Life Club, raised enough money from bake sales and beach cleanup walks to purchase a well in Rwanda, Africa. The charity, known as The Water Project, installs wells in African communities for valuable, clean water. Overall, the club raised about $600.
I am very proud to be apart of this club. Our new goal has not been determined yet, but it will most certainly help a underdeveloped community in need somewhere in the world. This club also helps our community, as other projects that we have worked on have been the cleaning of beaches and parks around Kellogg Park, right here in La Jolla.
Kieran M. Bauman
Sophomore, La Jolla High School
- National Anthem deserves a salute this summer … and always
- Marathons, olympics and pancakes! Kiwanis Club of La Jolla is on the scene!
- Proposed legislation could kill newspapers
- Opinion/Letters to the Editor: Ellen Browning Scripps’ trust is the only dictate to Children’s Pool use
- La Jolla is poised for polishing, Mayor Filner
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=111807