Lou & Mickey’s Nicoise Salad
• 1 albacore, seared
• 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
• 2 ounces blended oil
Method: Season the albacore with salt and pepper. Heat the blended oil in a sauté pan and sear each side of the albacore.
• 1/2 ounce mixed greens lettuce
• 1/4 ounce arugula
• 1/2 ounce nicoise shallot vinaigrette
Toss the lettuce mix, arugula and the shallot vinaigrette in a mixing bowl.
• 3 ounces flageolet beans, prepped
• 1 haricot vert, cooked
• 1 1/2 roasted tomatoes
• 1 ounce Russian potatoes, prepped
• 1/2 ounce nicoise olives, pitted
• 1 teaspoon mixed herbs, prepped
• 1 1/2 ounces nicoise shallot vinaigrette
• 1 hard-boiled quail egg
• 1 white anchovy, split
Toss the flageolet beans, haricot vert, roasted tomato, Russian potatoes, nicoise olives and mixed herbs with 1/2 ounce nicoise shallot vinaigrette.
Place this mix around a large oval plate, leaving room in the center for the greens mix.
Place the greens mix in the center of the plate.
Slice the prepped albacore over the greens mix and drizzle with 1 ounce of the shallot vinaigrette.
Add the hard-boiled quail egg and slices of white anchovy around the plate.
- Sammy’s Chilled Roasted Vegetable Salad
- Honor our planet by ‘going green’ on Earth Day with these food and cooking tips
- Cavaillon’s Bread and Butter Pudding
- A.R. Valentien’s Porcini Chestnut Soup
- On the Menu: Beaumont’s Cioppino
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=111964