Four units dedicate monuments at Miramar
Pipe Corporal Ian Kelly opened the Memorial Walkway dedication ceremony, Saturday, Aug. 3, at Miramar National Cemetery, 5795 Nobel Drive.
The Jewish War Veterans, Special Forces Association, San Diego Chapter of the Chosin Few, and Navy Nurse Corps Association placed monuments that were dedicated during the ceremony.
Army Col. Roger Donlon, the first U.S. soldier to receive the Medal of Honor during Vietnam, was the guest speaker. In his remarks, Col. Donlon said, “We remember all of those who made the supreme sacrifice giving their lives on the battlefield. We remember those who fought in all the wars. We also remember the men and women who were trained and ready during times of peace, when their existence alone was a deterrent to any potential enemy.”
— Bill Heard
- POW memorial dedicated at Miramar National Cemetery
- Miramar National Cemetery’s first casket burial salutes Army medic, vets advocate
- First burials held at new Miramar National Cemetery
- Ceremonies to inaugurate new Miramar cemetery set for Monday
- TEDxSanDiego Conference to explore ‘World Within Our Grasp’
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=111930