Legendary rock band Styx performs at Rock the Cure benefit in La Jolla to support diabetes research
Rock the Cure chairpersons: Dana Kiffmann, Lisa Altman and Stacey Valencia
• PHOTO GALLERY: Click on the NEXT> button above to see all 15 photos from Rock the Cure 2013.
From the south side of Chicago rose the 1970s-’80s classic-rock band, Styx, who performed some of their hits, like “Come Sail Away,” at the 6th annual Rock the Cure concert Aug. 4, 2013. The outdoor event was held at the La Jolla cliffside residence of Lisa and Steve Altman (president of Qualcomm) to raise funds for Type 1 pediatric diabetes research at UC San Diego. Last year’s event raised $565,000. Some of San Diego’s top restaurants were on hand with staff serving appetizers and cocktails.
- Kansas helps Rock The Cure for diabetes in La Jolla
- Sugar Ray rocks out in La Jolla to benefit juvenile diabetes fight
- Heart of San Diego gala supports UCSD Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center
- Students from La Jolla’s four high schools shine in talent show to raise cash for scholarships
- Las Patronas welcomes new class, reveals 2013 Jewel Ball theme at La Jolla luncheon
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=111820