Family fun abounds at 50th annual Kiwanis pancake breakfast in La Jolla
Some 1,100 hungry La Jollans showed up to support the Kiwanis Club of La Jolla at its 50th annual pancake breakfast, Saturday morning, July 27, 2013 at the La Jolla Recreation Center.
The event included all-you-can-eat pancakes and sausages, a live band, pony rides, balloon animals and other activities for children. There was also a drawing, with prizes donated by La Jolla Cove Suites, La Jolla Village Lodge, La Jolla Wellness Studio, Scooter Garage, Tap Fever Studios and others.
The club said early counts show the event raised about $1,000 more than last year’s breakfast. Each year the Kiwanis Club of La Jolla donates more than $175,000 through the La Jolla Kiwanis Foundation, the majority of which is given to organizations in La Jolla and San Diego with an emphasis on children.
For more information about the Kiwanis Club of La Jolla, visit its Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/KiwanisClubOfLaJolla
• VIDEO SLIDESHOW: To see more photos, courtesy of Krista Heron Baroudi, from the Kiwanis Club of La Jolla’s 2013 pancake breakfast, click on the image below, or go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ft-hfcTlpEI
- La Jolla Community Center guests spend ‘A Night with the Opera Singing Chef’
- San Diego Opera buffs gather at 2013 season opening gala
- Premium wines gathered for upcoming Bishop’s School auction, gala in La Jolla
- Las Patronas awards grantee checks at annual Beneficiaries Luncheon in La Jolla
- Las Patronas welcomes new class, reveals 2013 Jewel Ball theme at La Jolla luncheon
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=111198