Lifeguard tower work finally underway at La Jolla Children’s Pool
Work on the long proposed replacement of the lifeguard tower at La Jolla Children’s Pool began this week, as a temporary lifeguard stand was moved one block south on Coast Boulevard.
Workers were busy Wednesday afternoon dismantling the scaffolding above Children’s Pool beach that has for several years held the temporary lifeguard shack.
The public is advised to take precautions when in the area as work continues with the demolition of the old lifeguard tower. Work is scheduled to proceed through the summer, ceasing Nov. 15 during the seals’ pupping season.
— Staff Reports
- UPDATED (3/21): Mayor orders Children’s Pool in La Jolla closed after dark through May 15
- Mayor shares details of recently installed ‘seal cam’ at La Jolla Children’s Pool
- City promises to begin building lifeguard tower at La Jolla Children’s Pool in June
- UPDATED: City Attorney says ‘shared use’ working as La Jolla seal rope reinstalled
- Coastal Commission to rule on year-round seal rope July 11
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=109917