Veterans at Vi La Jolla Village honored by tribute
Tauna Austin, LightBridge Hospice volunteer program manager, presents Marshall Raffelson, a former U.S. Army private, with a plaque commemorating his service.
PHOTO GALLERY: Click on the NEXT> button above to see all 7 photos from the tribute to veterans at “Vi at La Jolla Village.”
Some 30 people attended a special event on July 3, 2013 hosted by LightBridge Hospice & Palliative Care and its veteran volunteers (primarily Active Duty and Reserve service members) to honor 20 veterans who reside at Vi at La Jolla Village. The group often conducts moving tributes to thank veterans close to the end of their lives for service to our country. Each presentation is brief. Veteran volunteer Wesley Klimt, an active duty Navy lieutenant in full dress, reads a short speech, gives each veteran a commemorative pin and salutes them. A staff member then presents the veteran with a certificate. Many family members were on hand to celebrate the moment.
— Elizabeth Ireland
- St. Patrick’s Day poetry reading draws crowds to D.G. Wills bookstore in La Jolla
- Heart of San Diego gala supports UCSD Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center
- La Jolla Centenarians: Heart in England, Home in La Jolla. Bird Rock resident awaits his 100th birthday
- Las Patronas awards grantee checks at annual Beneficiaries Luncheon in La Jolla
- Students from La Jolla’s four high schools shine in talent show to raise cash for scholarships
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=109772